Monday, January 31, 2011

Blogging Back-log...

It has been quite a while since I have gotten down to the business of blogging regularly. Thanks to the Daring Kitchen, I am guaranteed to post a couple of times a month, but, considering how frequently I cook, bake and craft, and take pictures of the process, it seems I have amassed a small collection of things I have been wanting to post about but haven't... So I am going to try to fix that situation, and share some of the things we have been up to recently.

Several months ago I was Foodgawking and came across a recipe that sounded fabulous. Fairly easy, pretty to look at, and best of all, it's a potato dish! I kept it in the back of my mind, but never got around to it... Then someone else posted pictures of their version of the dish. I took this as a sign that I really was supposed to give this a shot. And that is what led to me making mini-Pommes Anna.

With my helper at my side, (after the slicing, of course,) I got to layering my potatoes, margarine, salt and pepper into a muffin tin. This was great fun, and good practice counting, too! (How many slices per layer?)
Once the muffin cups were filled, the tin went into the oven. When they came out, I wasn't sure what to think. The potatoes were not as crispy looking as I had expected. I wasn't sure what would happen when I flipped them out onto my plate.

Luckily, potatoes are not the easiest things to mess up. Especially when they are prepared so simply. The potatoes came out of the pan well, with a little bit of encouragement, and the tops (once the bottoms....) were crispy and golden. I loved eating away at these layer by layer... I can't wait to make them again. They will be perfect for one of those times when you want to look fancy without putting in the fancy effort...!

No comments:

Post a Comment